Manuals

Heli1957

Re: Manuals

Post by Heli1957 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:18 am

I have the same effect as MD82 described above.
After calling the update again, the "EffectiveDates.ini" and also the directory "ETEXT" (iff installed) will be deleted.

Does anyone have an explanation or solution?

Thanks Heli

Akila
Modorator

Post by Akila » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:05 am

the manulas don't go into ETEXT folder. they belong to "data" folder
Death is the way of life telling you, you are fired :chicken:
Once I suffered from Split personality, today we feel a lot better :ugeek:
I do not suffer form Insanity, I'm enjoying it :roll:

MD82

Post by MD82 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:44 pm

Aparently not for everyone. For me at least since 2.9.1, placing the pdf’s in the same folder as Turkish’s 2.7.4 yielded 0 manuals. It was then found out that (for me at least) the location changed to ETEXT and it all worked. I even found out after a lot of frustrating research that the folder numbers were Julian Dates reflecting the date mentioned in the pdf.
Now however that changed again. The funny thing is, that in 3.0.1 I still do not see how these pdf’s are handled. In my opinion a true 3.0.1 subscription does not even use pdf’s anymore

Akila
Modorator

Post by Akila » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:21 pm

just install a clean v3.0.1 and place them in data folder, the ExET folder is a left over from previous versions

MD82

Post by MD82 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:48 pm

I will try. Thanks...

MD82

Post by MD82 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:03 pm

No luck Akila,

the difference might be that I have using JeppFD from a very long time ago, when you had a list of site keys and you kept trying until you got approved. Around 8 years or so. May that is why for me, I can get the enroute download just fine, however my particular JeppFD switched from the old airway_manuals to the ETEXT format from 2.7.4 to 2.9.1 and never changed back. Maybe because there is another way of loading old ipa's etc, that that still is stuck in the old style. I tried a full reinstall, by simply deleting my JeppFD, restarting the iPad and then reinstalling. Inserted the pdf's in data/airway_manual and the files don't appear in the JeppFD manuals list. When I go back the the updated ETEXT system it sees them again, and I even get "Data is Current" and 3 green bars ....... AS LONG AS I don't open the manual list. There JeppFD sees an error and deletes the EffectiveDates.ini and ques the ETEXT folder for deletion at the next start. I'm happy to keep it like it is, as I still can't see how the files are accessed ion the app anyways.

adhihn

Post by adhihn » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:08 am

thanks

Michaelis

Post by Michaelis » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:54 pm

any info about Turkish forum? many thanks

Akila
Modorator

Post by Akila » Tue May 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Turkish release manuals would not be of any use to anyone who uses JeppFD v3 or above. the reason behind it
is that Jeppesen change the entire manuals layout and structure. much of it is based on HTML, XML and TXT files and not only on PDF files as it used to be on version 2.x.
the reason why Turkish can't help here much is that he is running on a very old iPad which still running on iOS 8 which the highest version he can install is v2.6 or 2.7.

I some how managed through a friend to get hold of an activated version of JeppFD Pro edition to try and investigate the manuals layout, unfortunately the entire data layout and folder structure is totally different to the regular JeppFD and not only limited to the manuals. even the enroute and charts folder structure is different.
i am beating my head for already two days trying to make the Manuals work on a regular JeppFD when exported from JeppFD pro, but with not much success so far.
if anyone has an activated JeppFD none pro edition, it would be a help as we can then investigate the manuals folder structure on a none pro edition.
than we can convert easily (again, I believe so) the manuals from a pro and port it over to a none pro, once we understand the none pro manuals folder structure.

does any one by any chance has an Activated JeppFD (none pro) that could download manuals over the air updates?

Akila
Modorator

Post by Akila » Tue May 07, 2019 3:33 pm

MD82 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:03 pm
No luck Akila,
AS LONG AS I don't open the manual list. There JeppFD sees an error and deletes the EffectiveDates.ini and ques the ETEXT folder for deletion at the next start. I'm happy to keep it like it is, as I still can't see how the files are accessed ion the app anyways.
I had the same issue as well, I managed to get over this of the file being deleted after opening manuals list. the key was the manuals.xx file you placing in
the application support folder under library. this file tells the APP what folder structure the manuals are running. under.
I know for sure now that ETEXT contains the PDF files, but it's not alone.

check my my post above....