FliteDeck Pro Windows ?

Jeppesen for Windows PC
igor 320

FliteDeck Pro Windows ?

Post by igor 320 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:43 am

Is there any way we can get a newer version called 'FliteDeck Pro' instead of current 'FliteMap', which I presume (judging by it's clunky design) came from late 90's ?

I know, there's an option to switch to ipad, but I hate Apple products with the fiery burning passion of a thousand suns :ugeek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ3EtKhhxco

tropus

Re: FliteDeck Pro Windows ?

Post by tropus » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:37 pm

F.Y.I.

FliteDeck Pro for Windows 8 isn’t available in the Windows Store. According to a Jeppesen spokesman, “We work individually with airlines and large operators to provide them with the Windows 8 FliteDeck Pro EFB solution, which is supported by the Jeppesen Distribution Manager Pro secure network to manage data.”

igor 320

Post by igor 320 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:32 pm

Gotcha...

Now, can somebody tell me how far superior is the iOS FliteDeck Pro compared to ye-olde Win XP 'FliteMap' ? What type of options does it have which really stands-out and you really like them during an IFR flight? Maybe I'll reconsider my views (I just don't like Apple stuff in general) :)

PVA1969

Post by PVA1969 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 am

First you need to test two programs to understand that they are different. You can not compare them, they are different in terms of information and interface of the program.